With the temperature rising, homeowners will start to depend on their air conditioners. This cooling system helps keep our homes at a lower temperature and removes humidity during the summer season. A fully-functional air conditioner will give you the comfort you need when it is hot outside. Ensure that your air conditioning system is in excellent working condition to avoid potentially expensive air conditioning repair costs and high energy bills. The best way to do this is through an air conditioner tune-up.
How Does An Air Conditioner Tune-Up Save Me Money?
- 1 How Does An Air Conditioner Tune-Up Save Me Money?
- 1.1 Lowers Your Power Bills
- 1.2 Repairing or Replacing Your Air Conditioner Is Much More Costly Than AC Maintenance
- 1.3 Negligence Of Air Conditioner Maintenance Can Void Your Warranty
- 1.4 Maintain Healthy Air Quality
- 1.5 Cooling Energy-Saving Tips
- 1.6 Common AC Problems That Regular Air Conditioner Maintenance Addresses
- 1.7 Conclusion
- 2 Call Tevis Energy For All Of Your HVAC Requirements
Read on to learn how an air conditioner tune-up service can save you money.
Lowers Your Power Bills
The US Department of Energy (DOE) estimates that around 50% of a typical American household’s total energy usage goes to heating and cooling. Cooling and heating costs can’t be eliminated entirely, but you can make them as manageable as possible.
You receive your money’s worth when you have a well-maintained air conditioner. HVAC airflow becomes severely limited when the filters are clogged, the lubrication has dried up, the belts are weak, and the evaporator fins can be warped. These obstructions can mean that clean and cool air that’s supposed to be ventilating your home barely flows. The US DOE states that your energy consumption can be lowered by as much as 15% when you replace your air conditioner’s clogged filter.
Repairing or Replacing Your Air Conditioner Is Much More Costly Than AC Maintenance
Like cars, leaving the slightest problem with your air conditioner unaddressed can lead to more pressing issues. An air conditioner that receives annual maintenance will have a lifespan of 15 years or longer. Seasonal air conditioner tune-up expenses usually cost $150. This cost depends on the unit, such as how long since its last maintenance appointment or if parts need to be replaced. On the other hand, the installation of a new air conditioner costs around $3,000 or more. Moreover, air conditioner repair can cost less than a replacement but more than a maintenance service. It is obvious that this is a service that’ll save you money.
Negligence Of Air Conditioner Maintenance Can Void Your Warranty
Air conditioner manufacturers could deny your warranty claim if you neglected and didn’t properly maintain it. Although your air conditioner comes with a warranty, there is no guarantee that the warranty will cover the repair costs if the cause of the breakdown is neglect. Make sure to keep the receipts as proof that your unit is maintained annually so that you don’t end up spending thousands of dollars for replacement or repair bills.
Maintain Healthy Air Quality
Poor indoor air quality should never be ignored. It is a problem that can result in needing a costly repair. The US Environmental Protection Agency, or EPA, states that airborne contaminants can aggravate respiratory issues like asthma. Aside from health problems, it can also cause mold to grow, which, in turn, can cause structural damage to your home. Remember that mold can be expensive to remove, with the average mold removal cost ranging to a few thousand dollars. Air conditioner maintenance includes replacing blocked air filters. This is crucial for the air quality improvement in your home. The HVAC technician will evaluate your system and recommend other methods to improve your air quality. These include installing an air cleaner, a whole-house dehumidifier, or a ventilator.
Cooling Energy-Saving Tips
During the technician’s annual tune-up service, they might have made some observations that lead to them suggesting minor improvements so you can save money. These tips can include recommending the ideal air filters for your system and sealing or cleaning your ductwork. It is always recommended that you maintain a good relationship with your HVAC company as this can help reduce your energy bills throughout the year.
Common AC Problems That Regular Air Conditioner Maintenance Addresses
According to the US Department of Energy, dirt and neglect are the leading culprits behind air conditioner inefficiency and failure. The following are the usual air conditioner problems that regular maintenance can sort through:
- Improper Refrigerant Charge or Refrigerant Leak: Your cooling bills can spike if the refrigerant is under-charged by 20%.
- Electric Control Failure: Prevent this problem by ensuring that the fan controls and compressor are in good working condition. Electrical failures are also likely to happen when electrical connections are loose, terminals and wires are corroded, and the contacts are dirty.
- Dirty HVAC Filter: Dirty air filters hinder proper airflow. As a result, your air conditioner will work harder to compensate and keep your home cool. Dirty filters also mean there’s a buildup of contaminants on essential components. Therefore, there is an increased risk of reduced efficiency and early system failure.
- Clogged Condensation Drain: Your air conditioner extracts the moisture in the air in your home. This water is channeled out via a drain connected to your unit. Blockage in the condensation drain can lead to water seeping out and damaging your walls and floors. It can also cause the system to shut down.
- Dirty Coils: Grime and dust accumulation on the coils reduce your air conditioner’s cooling powers. Therefore, it works harder to ensure your home remains cool. This only causes more wear and tear and increases your energy costs.
Air conditioner maintenance is typically a small investment that gives you outstanding returns. If your air conditioning unit hasn’t been maintained for some time, book a maintenance schedule today. This way, your system can cool better, have a longer lifespan, and save you money.
Tevis Energy’s sister company, Modern Comfort, performs HVAC installations, replacements, tune-ups, and more. Our technicians can provide you with expert HVAC services to ensure that your system provides you with the comfort and efficiency you deserve. Call now to schedule an appointment.
Call Tevis Energy For All Of Your HVAC Requirements
For all your high-quality HVAC service needs in central Maryland and southern Pennsylvania, don’t hesitate to call Tevis Energy. We hire only the best professionally certified technicians who offer outstanding heating and cooling services, including maintenance, repairs, installations, and replacements. Each of our skilled techs has the knowledge and experience to ensure accurate and prompt HVAC services at all times.
Our company has one of the most affordable HVAC service prices in the area. Our tune-up services help enhance your home’s comfort and energy efficiency while reducing your energy costs. If you need to repair or replace your HVAC system, we can recommend the best solutions within your budget. Your satisfaction is our priority, so all our work is backed with a guarantee. To schedule a service appointment, give Tevis Energy a call today. We offer free, in-home estimates.