Fuel Oil Tank Protection
A Fuel Oil Tank Protection Plan is an easy and inexpensive way to plan for the eventual replacement of your heating oil tank. Priced at only $72 per year, it covers oil tank replacement prescribed by a Tevis Energy technician as follows:
- Oil tank replacement during the 1st year of coverage = 50% customer co-payment
- Oil tank replacement during the 2nd year of coverage = 35% customer co-payment
- Replacement after 2 years = no customer co-payment!
There is a 90-day waiting period before the above co-payment schedule would go into effect. Call us for more information or complete the form below.
Save UP TO $1,250 When Replacing An Oil Tank
The NORA Tank Rebate program is back!
NORA (National Oilheat Research Alliance) is offering Maryland and Pennsylvania consumers rebates of $200 and $500, respectively, towards the replacement of their heating oil tanks.
Tevis Energy will provide an additional discount of up to $750!
Fuel Storage Tank Protection Program
Oil Tank Protection By Tevis Energy
Learn more about how to save money when needing a fuel oil storage tank replacement with our tank protection program. Call (410) 876-6800 or complete the form below.
Important Oil Tank Information
Your heating oil tank is an important part of your heating system. It provides safe storage for your heating oil and also protects the quality of your heating oil. Quality oil is critical to the efficiency and dependability of your heating system.
Oil Tank Life Span
Most heating oil tanks in central Maryland and southern Pennsylvania are 275-gallon "aboveground" tanks. An aboveground oil tank may be located in a basement area or outside the house. There are many factors that determine how long an aboveground heating oil tank will last. The average life of an aboveground heating oil tank is approximately 15 years. Outdoor oil tanks that are exposed to the elements may not last as long.
Oil Tank Inspection
Our oil drivers keep a watchful eye when making deliveries to outside oil tanks they can see. And while you can count on us to let you know if they see signs that your tank is weakening, it’s important to know that once that process begins, a tank can quickly become unusable.
Feel free to call us with any questions regarding your heating oil tank. We are happy to help!
Oil Tank Maintenance
Your oil tank is part of your property and requires upkeep. These simple steps will help keep your above ground oil tank in good shape and prolong its life.
- Look for oil stains on the underside of your tank. If you see any stains on the tank or floor, please call us immediately!
- Look for loose or chipped paint on your tank. Brush any exposed metal lightly with steel wool before applying touch-up enamel.
- Do not touch any part of a tank that appears to be rusted or damaged.
- Keep the area around your heating oil tank clear and as visible as possible. Remove debris that could dent or puncture your oil tank.
- Do a visual inspection of your tank at the beginning and end of each heating season.
- Be sure to use quality heating oil to help prevent the formation of tank sediment, which can shorten the life of your tank and cause system breakdowns.
Underground Heating Oil Tanks
Because underground tanks are hidden, their condition is difficult to assess. Telltale signs of a leaking underground oil tank include:
- increases in fuel consumption that are unrelated to household usage
- frequent burner failures linked to water-contaminated fuel.
Because there is no single factor to indicate the condition of an underground tank, we recommend replacing any underground oil tank that is more than 25 years old. If the age of the tank is unknown, the tank is presumed to be as old as the house it serves.
Interested In Tevis Energy's Automatic Delivery Program?