Few people argue the need for effective, clean, domestic, renewable energy. Sound too good to be true? Introducing Bioheat, the evolution of oilheat.
Bioheat is simply Tevis’ lower-sulfur heating oil with 5% biodiesel. It’s a small step that is making a big difference!
- Safe! BioheatTM is UL-approved for use in any oilheat system. No system modifications are needed.
- Effective! BioheatTM has the highest heat output of any renewable heating fuel, giving you the same satisfying warmth as oilheat.
- Clean! BioheatTM has lower emissions and is better for the environment and your system. A clean system uses less energy and costs less to operate.
- Renewable! Made from soybeans and other organic feedstock, BioheatTM meets the EPA’s renewable fuel standard.
- Affordable! Tevis BioheatTM is priced the same as our standard lower-sulfur heating oil. MD residents are also eligible for an additional 3 cent per gallon tax credit.*
- Job-creating! Biodiesel has created 35,000 new American jobs in its production alone.
*Please note, the link to form 500CR may be broken on the Maryland.gov website. Form 500CR is needed in addition to the Bio-Heating Oil Income Tax Credit form. Links to both are provided here: MD Tax Form 500CR and Bio-Heating Oil Income Tax Credit.
Tevis Energy is proud to be one of the few fuel companies in Central Maryland to offer BIOHEAT as an option to its oil customers!